Here are some of the speeches, op-eds and other material I wrote during my time at WWF. Ocean Conservancy is not represented here because most of my work there consisted of funding proposals and program reports meant only for the donors for whom they were intended.
A couple of caveats: These selections are as I originally wrote them and do not reflect alterations that may have been made upon delivery, or prior to publication. The opinions expressed are my own, as well as those of the principals for whom they were written at the time. However, they should be viewed in the context of the year in which they were written, as some are now clearly dated and none should be construed as representing current WWF policy.
- Conservation in a Code Orange World: Why the Environment Matters to Security.
- A Few Thoughts on Bees, Fungi, and the Importance of Perspective in a Code Orange World.
- Of Mosquitos and Mental Fences.
- Conserving the Everglades.
- Saving the Endangered Species Act – from Friend and Foe Alike
- The Illegal Wildlife Trade in Central Africa
- Saving Cells is No Way to Save a Species
- Arctic Refuge
- Leading the World Toward a Safer and Sustainable Future: Greenprint for a New Administration
- Drilling for Oil in the Arctic: Too Soon, Too Risky